Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Protein Pancakes

 

Protein Pancakes are a fantastic thing.  You feel like you are eating such a treat, but in reality, you are eating something that is relatively good for you!  Full of protein and nutrients, these pancakes will help you start your day off right! This is a variation on a blueberry protein pancake that I posted on my other blog, if you don't have protein powder at home, you can make those instead.  I find that this version is just closer in texture to a regular pancake.

I use Vemma's Chris Powell Bode shake powder in vanilla for my pancakes.

Protein Pancakes

2 egg whites
1/2 mashed, ripe banana
1 scoop (about 30 grams) protein powder (I used vanilla flavor)
Dash of cinnamon
Optional: 1 tablespoon ground flax
Beat the egg whites slightly before whisking in the other ingredients.  Cook over low heat until bubbles form in the batter, flip and cook for another few minutes until both sides are golden brown.

Top these with fruit, yogurt, coconut, nuts, whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment